Interested in School of the Minds? Please read the following to determine whether our environment is a good fit for your family.
- We are a FREE support group, but require that our homeschool families maintain a high level of responsibility, diligence, devotion, and involvement in their education and our community. Our families are diverse: from unschoolers to very structured homeschoolers, but our camaraderie is unparalleled.
- Please commit to being involved by participating regularly (weekly/monthly) in at least one thing we offer EVERY semester: classes, park days, field trips, workshops, or other. You can also provide other educational and/social opportunities for our families. You have to be active, or else you will be removed from the group.
- Project based learning, unlike instructional learning, requires a different approach to education. There is much less explicit teaching coming from parents/facilitators, but more exploration inspired directly from the children themselves. This project based learning makes classes at School of the Minds more meaningful to the children because we provide them with a space to share their interests with their peers and with a bigger community. To learn more about project based homeschooling and to determine if School of the Minds is for you, please read Lori Pickert’s book. Other resources that will help you understand our culture:
- Our children are a mix of asynchronous/ accelerated/ independent/ self-directed learners who enjoy delving deeply into their interests. Unlike instructional based coops where learning ends at break time, you will find many of our students continue with their “work” even during break. If you think this is the right fit for you and your family, check out our schedule and complete the registration application below!
- Need an accountability group? We partner with Alliance Homeschool Association for our 3rd option accountability. Look below for more information.
- Need a secular homeschool group? We partner with Achieve. Look below for more information.
- Need a local gifted support group? We have a Facebook Group here.
Coop Registration Process:
- is a means for us to make sure members have read, understood, and agreed to our policies. Please make sure you read our policies carefully.
- some classes require payment (most are FREE, check out the schedule to find out if your class needs payment by clicking on the links)
- these are payable in full directly to the instructor BEFORE the first day of class
- quoted are for one semester, unless otherwise stated.
- must be paid in full regardless of the number of student absences.
Class fees are non-refundable.
Submitting registration forms mean you have read, understood and agree to the policies presented here. Please take the time to read these carefully! Should a check be returned for insufficient funds, the homeschool family will revoke any check writing privileges and require cash payments instead. Note:School of the Minds administration has the right to refuse registration at their discretion, excluding on the bases of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age or disability. School of the Minds administration also has the right to terminate membership in this coop at their discretion, excluding on the bases of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age or disability.
Kindly complete the Registration as follows:
1. fill out and complete our Registration Form below.
2. enrollment is on a first come, first serve basis. This is just a way for us to determine numbers of students in each class.
3. once you have completed our application, please join School of the Minds on Facebook where we conduct our discussions.
5. the teacher will contact you directly about how to pay class fees
6. please pay the class fees directly to the teacher BEFORE the first day of class.
Registration Form 2017-2018
ONLY A FEW PART TIME SPACES ARE AVAILABLE.
We currently have a waitlist.
We work closely with Alliance Homeschool Association and